If you have your eye makeup made, why would you want to cover it with glasses? Big gratitude to modern-day technology, which has gifted us with one of the tiny yet substantial inventions of contact lenses. Contact lenses are the most adequate solution for you if you don’t want to wear glasses 24×7.
There is a wide range of assortment of contact lens selections at Mezmereyes Scarborough. The variations in contact lenses differ contemplating the equipment they are made of,
- Hydrogel Lenses Silicone type: Each part of your body needs a favorable amount of oxygen and so does your eyes and their respective parts. Oxygen is essential for the smooth functioning of all our body parts. Silicone hydrogel lenses are specially formulated in such a way that oxygen can penetrate through them and reach out to your cornea. Excessive comfort and hydration are persuaded through these lenses, which make them prominent for daily wear purposes.
- Hydrogel Lenses (Soft Lenses): A thin gel-based plastic substance that can ensure hydration due to the containment of moisture is commonly known as hydrogel. This constitutes a major component of soft lenses. These flexible plastics are liable to stick to the surface of your eye. These lenses are susceptible to adjust and stay settled at a place. Mezmereyes has Scarborough’s best selection of daily, bi weekly and monthly contact lenses
- Rigid Gas Permeable Lenses: GP lenses or RGP lenses prevail in the use of reliable plastic material. These lenses allow the progression of several gases through them. Hence, these are prominent to use as they endorse the supply of oxygen to our eyes. These lenses are used as a corrective measure to retain eye shape and refractive errors in the defects such as astigmatism and keratoconus. The cornea is observed to change their respective shape, and these lenses help to prevent further deformation in them. These have a smaller radius pertained to soft lenses. It’s arduous to adapt these lenses at first, but after a few trials, comfort is attained by the user.
- Hybrid Contact Lenses: As the name suggests, these lenses are the fusion of Rigid Gas Permeable lenses, and soft hydrogel lenses. The center of these lenses is made up of rigid plastic, and the outskirts are made of hydrogel or silicone hydrogel. Subsisting a combination of two, these lenses give you the benefits of both the lenses. The soft stringent center furnishes you with a crystal-clear vision and soft silicon ensures flexible handling of the lenses.
- Polymethyl Methacrylate Lenses: Before curtain-raiser of soft contact lenses hard contact lenses were in practice. These were made up of polymethyl methacrylate which is well known as acrylic glass. PMMA possesses terrific optical properties and is developed as a lightweight alternative for glass. This doesn’t ensure a prominent supply of oxygen, which is a basic provision to keep your stares active.
With these numerous types of alternatives, you may select the one that suits you the most with the assistance of your Ophthalmologist, and Optometrist. You are accessible to the most promising Optometry services in Scarborough at Mesmer eye optical.