In order not to damage eyewear AVOID cleaning with:
- Acid based chemicals
- Solutions and wipes with high alcohol content
A great alternative to the ready to use cleaners is to prepare a hydrogen peroxide 0.5% solution:
- A bottle of hydrogen peroxide (3.6% peroxide or 3.0% peroxide)
- Put on PPE (safety goggles & nitrile gloves)
- Dilute 1 part 3.6% hydrogen peroxide with 6 parts of tap water, or if using 3.0% hydrogen peroxide dilute 1 part with 5 parts of tap water
- Carefully pour dilution into opaque spray bottle (to prevent light passing through bottle, light will reduce the concentration of hydrogen peroxide)
- Label spray bottle “hydrogen Peroxide 0.5%”
It is recommended to produce a full bottle amount on a weekly basis to keep solution effective.
As a starting point, all new glasses purchases from MezmerEyes, comes complimentary with a cleaning spray, to help maintain a clean set of lenses and frames.